Wednesday, September 9, 2009

...last thing I remember....


This is crazy...I just turned 45...yep that's right 45. That's only 5 years till 50!!! I can just imagine the tall hill I'm perched on....I'm gonna end up on the bottom of it sooner than I want to....YIKES!!! Frequently there are patients that come to the hospital, they're 43, or 44, or maybe 47. They ALL look old...I AM NOT OLD...am I?? Please don't tell me that. I remember when my mom was around 35 and I thought to myself, of course, my Mom is old(even young girls know not to say that stuff to an "older" woman). Now I'm 10 years older that that, and I'm sure I'm not old. OK so I do feel old. That's the trouble with getting older...the pain...not the mental anguish, and drama of it all...just the physical aches and pains that are starting to creep in. Holding all that stress of life in the right side of my neck, the injuries of activities that were much easier 10 or 15 years ago. The uncomfortable feeling of a HOT FLASH...ya I said hot flash. Old people are ending their careers, heck I just graduated from college less that 5 years ago. I'm just starting out. I haven't had enough time to learn everything, I haven't figured out all the stuff I'm supposed to do...I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RETIREMENT!!!!! On the bright side...I still don't wear glasses. I didn't say I didn't need or or even that that I didn't have a pair, I just said I still don't WEAR them. They are where I can get them if I NEED them, right in my purse buried underneath a lot of other things in there I don't need either...I keep them "just in case". I still have young kids, and NO .... hear me NO grand kids, yet. I don't even have daughters in law or a son in law yet. **Oh, now that stress spot in my neck is starting to flair up.** I have good hearing still, just ask my kids...they will tell you I can hear everything. (mostly the stuff they don't want me to hear...LoL) I haven't gone crazy yet, that's a plus, for me and everyone around me. I'm more patient. I have a better sense of the people in my life, I get what's important to get, and what just doesn't matter. I don't care anymore about being popular, or that I keep up with the Jones, or that I don't fit in with the church ladies. Wisdom is what I've gotten from this age........here's to greater wisdom.....but let's slow down on the age.

1 comment:

  1. This post was origonally written in Sept. I just needed to finish it as wasn't in the mood....

    ReplyDelete