Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Trip

I took a wonderful trip to Sedona Arizona with some friends that I share similar life experiences with.  Can I just say what a beautiful place it is.  It is a contradiction in landscapes.  There are huge red rocks that jut out of the land, there are white rock canyons, and calm beautiful streams that wind through it all. This is the view from my hotel..







The first place that we visited was what I call the most perfect swimming hole.  The scenery heading to the swimming hole is of course gorgeous.  There is a beautiful sky high red rock in the distance.  I never made it there because I found the swimming hole and didn't want to leave.  Walking up the path to a group of trees it seemed as if it was going to be a long haul, but of course with the scenery.  Just past the trees there it was the perfect swimming hole.  It looked like the stream was coming from the red rock and as it reached the spot just through the trees it spilled over into more red flat rocks that were just at ground level. Then the water fell over the end of these rocks into the most calm, peaceful, clean pool of water with a small beach on one side and then the outlet to allow the water to continue down stream.  I could have sat there all day.  I did slip on the ground level flat rocks and got all wet which was fine.  The flat rocks also made a slide into the pool.  What a great place...The Perfect Swimming Hole...Yahoo!!! I didn't get very good pictures of the pool because I was afraid to take my phone/camera out there since I had fallen once already but here's the idea.









Destination number two I can only describe as Magical.  Again it seemed like the day would be miserable and hot but I was mistaken again.  We drove about 10 miles up a canyon and found where we were to park.  We started hiking down the path and wow, everything just started to open up.  First we walked through an area that had old buildings on it. They were almost all gone but there were a few things left.  An old house, a barn or maybe even another house, and a cave inside a rock.  Apple trees that were obviously spaced for farming, and open fields that may have been for fields of other crops.  A way down the path it was more like a forest.  Just in the forest like trees, was a canyon of white and red sheer rocks straight to the sky, and meandering through that was the same stream of water from the day before.  It was cool and shady and the stream was calling me to follow it.  Then I found out why.  The water had carved out areas underneath the rocks.  These areas were beautiful.  The were crystal clear water pools.  (I'm just not a thesaurus of words today)  Smooth and cool.  Rocks and boulders that had fallen from above poked out of the water.  It is so hard to describe such a beautiful place.  Here's some pics...



















Day Three was the dry day.  Hiked in the sun and really dispite how beautiful it was I was dehydrated before 10 minutes had passed.  So I just took a lot of pictures of the flowers and cactus.  I want a do over there because I have an affinity for rocks but my body wasn't going to let me that day.  Bell Rock was the first visit I got some good pics of it and the area around it.  Snoopy what the last place we visited.  You can see him in the distance.  Great energy there...




















Shopping in Sedona was terrific!!  I'm not a shopper but I got a few nice things at a crystal shop, and an art show that was in town for the weekend. 

I loved Sedona and I will go there again...

Oh I forgot about the sunrise, I'll post the pics next....

No comments:

Post a Comment