Friday, October 15, 2010

What If

I've been reading a lot lately about the LBGT community and Boyd K Packer's talk in the recent General Conference.  I know that all religions take a stand for moral ideas and that is what works for them.  I'm sure that if there were no moral "rules" then our world would be even more slimy and barbaric.  The treatment of women and children would be outrageous and it's even possible that people would never own their voice to change the situation. 
Look at the past, the Holocaust, what happens in the Sudan, in Afghanistan, and Iraq.  There are so many that have no voice.  Look at America, the children that are raised with morals that tell them they must protect their "territory" with violence, or that it's OK to kill to right a wrong. There are women and men that are pushed around and bullied by their spouses, or their parents.  I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that there is good news in it all. 
The good new is that every one that I know  has a voice. (and that's like..well, a whole bunch..) They can stand up and say NO! I don't agree with what you said, or I don't get why this is happening let's fix it.  Even better news is that once someone stands up to the plate, others will follow.
Boyd K Packer gets to say how he feels, the church he belongs to influences his morals and therefore others will follow him.  That is good new for them. 
The good news for me is that I can see a million other people that have been taught a moral position that may or may not agree with BKP, but they are willing to stand for PEOPLE...Someone gets to stand up for People.  Look at history.  If someone had allowed Hitler to continue would anyone in the world know a Jew?  If there continues to be a moral bludgeoning of  Gays, Lesbians, Bisexual, or Transgendered people will my great grandchildren know some one who is LBG or T?  Sure it seems far fetched, but what if?
I'm just wondering if we all just learned to just LOVE PEOPLE, what would happen.  Love is light, acceptance, and truth. It is peace. It does not include judgment or harsh words.  It doesn't limit a persons morality.  It is just what it is Love.

I LOVE PEOPLE WHAT IF EVERYONE DID?

No comments:

Post a Comment